National Baby Safety Month with Chicco

September is National Baby Safety Month. While there are so many subjects to touch on, I wanted to touch on the importance of car seat safety. If you have been following me for a while, you may realize that we love taking road trips. As much fun as it is to get on the road and head to your destination, the idea of having your baby or child in a moving car can be a little nerve-wracking no matter how old they are.

“Car seats and boosters are one of the easiest ways to keep your child safe and, when installed correctly, car seats can reduce the risk of fatal injury in a crash by 71% for infants and by 54% for toddlers. Unfortunately, many parents install their child seats incorrectly. Among children under 5, an estimated 325 lives were saved in 2017 alone because they were properly buckled, but an additional 46 children could have been saved if every child was properly buckled.” (Source: https://www.nhtsa.gov/car-seats-and-booster-seats/child-passenger-safety-week)

Toddler Car Seats, Child Safety Month, Chicco Car Seat Review

Nowadays, there are so many types of car seats on the market. From infant car seats, convertible car seats and boosters. It is important to know which car seat is best for your child based on their age, weight, and height. To determine which type of car seat is best for you, you can head to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association site here.

Whether you are a new parent or a parent to a rapidly growing toddler, it is important to find the right car seat. The NHTSA recommends that you keep your child rear-facing as long as possible as it is the best way to keep them safe. Once your child has outgrown the rear-facing car seat, it is time to switch to a front-facing car seat. Another important factor in car seat safety is ensuring that your car seat is installed correctly. To have that extra peace of mind, you can find a Certified Child Passenger Safety Tech in your area to make sure that the car seat is installed properly. I have also heard that you can even stop by your local police department for an inspection.

Toddler Car Seats, Child Safety Month, Chicco Car Seat Review | Adriana Lately A Lifestyle Blog

I am no stranger to car seats. This will be my third time upgrading a car seat for my almost 50lb three-year-old. My friends at Chicco are so sweet and gifted Leo his new big boy car seat. He was in a convertible car seat but it was time for an upgrade since he is a tall, three-year-old. Leo is now traveling around in a Chicco® MyFit® Zip Air Harness+Booster Car Seat. Since switching to the new Chicco® MyFit® Zip Air Harness+Booster Car Seat will not have to make any more upgrades. This carseat is meant to last until your child is ready to sit in the car without a carseat.

The Chicco® MyFit® is designed to keep little but big kids comfortable with the security of a five-point harness. There is a nine position headrest and easy transition to a belt-positioning booster to accommodate years of your growing child. With this car seat, you will have a harness mode and booster mode. The harness mode is for toddlers weighing in at approximately 25-65 pounds. There is a traditional five-point harness that adjusts for your growing toddler. The booster mode is meant for big kids, ages 4 and up and between 40-100lbs. The MyFit® converts to a belt-positioning booster for older children’s.There are a shoulder and lap belt guide and nine positions extending headrest.

The Chicco® MyFit® is available in day different styles allowing you to pick the best seat that will suit your needs. We have this one and so far, it has been the best car seat that we have owned. It was so easy to install and feels pretty luxurious. Leo looks and feels so comfortable in his new car seatTo read more about the Chicco® MyFit® Car Seats head over to their site. Aside from car seats, they have an array of products for your children. I love their products and used many of their baby products when Leo was an infant.

As always, before sure to make sure everyone in the car is properly buckled in including your tiny passengers. It is important to keep our children as safe as possible. For more safety tips, be sure to visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for additional car safety resources. Thank you to Chicco for giving me a peace of mind while traveling with my son and for providing Leo with a comfortable car seat for our travel.

Adriana Lately Atlanta's Top Lifestyle Fashion and Beauty Blog

22 Comments

1. Nate wrote:

The chicco is so nice. I may need to get one of those for my car!

Posted 9.30.19 Reply
    • Adriana wrote:

It is so good, and my son loves it. Be sure to check out all of their options to see which car seat will work for your family. Thanks for stopping by.

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  2. Art & Home wrote:

Baby safety has come a LONG way since I was a kid, and a LONG way since my children were riding along in their car seats. It’s good to see so much awareness and progress regarding our most precious of cargo.

Posted 9.30.19 Reply
    • Adriana wrote:

It sure has come a very long way!

Posted 10.17.19 Reply
  3. Dawn wrote:

This is SO important! I have had mom friends who don’t buckle their kids in correctly or have the correct size of car seat for their child. So scary! Thanks for sharing! (Also, GIRL, how do you look so put together?! Your pictures are on point. I have like, 1 picture of myself on my website because I always look like a mess!)

Posted 10.1.19 Reply
  4. Gervin Khan wrote:

I agree with you that it is so important to buy a good and safe car seat for our little child. As a parent their safety is our priority and this brand of car seat sounds like a perfect one for our child.

Posted 10.1.19 Reply
  5. Michael wrote:

Hopefully all cars have them as we are speaking safety here. Right? Anyway, your kid looks really happy with it lol

Posted 10.1.19 Reply
  6. Christine wrote:

Such an important topic! It’s so easy to feel like “of course I’ll be careful and not get into an accident”… but it can happen to anyone! Chico is a great brand for safe car seats

Posted 10.1.19 Reply
  7. Steph S wrote:

Sounds like a great car seat! My daughter just graduated into a booster! Safety is so important for us too!

Posted 10.1.19 Reply
  8. Kylie wrote:

Child safety in the car is so important! I’m not in the need of a car carrier now, but my friend is – I’m sure she’ll love to read this!

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  9. Laura wrote:

This sounds like a must have item when you have children. Thank you for sharing x

Laura

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  10. Chicco is a rather expensive brand here in the Philippines but I’ve heard of its good quality.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  11. Alvin wrote:

Chicco is great product and we been using one of their children car seat that has been passed on from our eldest daughter to our youngest.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  12. Nathan wrote:

Kids safety is vital for every parent. ensuring you get the best car seats for the kid and ensure the belts are intact and holding the seats in place is important.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  13. Kristal wrote:

Thank you so much for all of this information on this car safe I will have to update my car seat soon so this is a lot of good information for me to use .

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  14. Heaven wrote:

I’m currently on my TTC journey with my Wife so this definitely taught me so much! Your blog is beautifully designed BTW.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  15. Thank you for this reminder, Adriana. Now that our girls aren’t in car seats, it seems like a thing of the past. Honestly, so many moms don’t realize how important it is to keep those babies properly strapped.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  16. Kiwi wrote:

Great job on bringing awareness to baby safety. Chicco is a wonderful brand too.

Posted 10.2.19 Reply
  17. Anna wrote:

I’m just in the process for choosing a car seat for my toddler. Very helpfu, thank you!

Posted 10.3.19 Reply
  18. Chico was our favorite brand when my daughter was a baby. Everything we had was great quality and easy to use.

Posted 10.3.19 Reply
  19. I think everyday must be a National Baby Safety Day.
    This topic is really interesting aye 😉

Posted 10.4.19 Reply
  20. Elizabeth O wrote:

This is a must investment in every household with kids. The proper car seat should be the top most priority.

Posted 10.8.19 Reply
error: Content is protected !!